Installing Citadel on FreeBSD is now easier! Plus, this time IT FREAKING RUNS!
- mkdir ~/cit
- doas mkdir /usr/local/ctdlsupport
- fetch http://easyinstall.citadel.org/install
- patch -i install.patch
- doas tar -xf citadel-patches-FreeBSD.tgz -C /usr/local/ctdlsupport
- chmod +x install
- doas ./install
This patched version of "install" does support FreeBSD's pkg to install required packages.
When the installer asks "Do you want Easy Install to attempt to install your OS dependencies?" just press Y and hit enter.
- doas pw adduser -n citadel -u 100 -c "Citadel Login" -d /usr/local/citadel -s /usr/local/citadel/citadel
- doas cp citserver.sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/citserver
- doas cp webcit.sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/webcit
- doas sysrc citserver_enable="YES"
- doas sysrc webcit_enable="YES"
- cd /usr/local/citadel
- doas service citserver start
- doas ./setup
- doas service webcit start
Depending on your configuration, there may be some additional stuffs required. For example, I wrote a couple scripts to get and renew LetsEncrypt certs. I also had to meowdify my nginx configuration to make it all work. Everything after getting Citadel up and running is specific to your installation and use-case. Enjoy!